Who is Evan McMullin?On Oct 25, 2016 Comments Off on Who is Evan McMullin?
I delivered this laundry list to a standing room only crowd of citizens who gathered wanting answers to the growing questions about Evan McMullin, a new presidential candidate that claims to be the “principled” alternative.
Who Is McMullin?
Utah is known for many wonderful things – beautiful mountains, ski slopes, the Grand Canyon, the squeaky clean culture of Mormonism, Glenn Beck, Mormons trusting Mormons and mounds of funeral potatoes and green jello.
Enter Evan McMullin. Since he has not been vetted and the election is around the corner, it’s time to analyze this presidential candidate. After many hours researching and documenting rumors and stories posted on the Internet, I’ve narrowed it down to the best nuggets. I found some rumors circulating, such as a fake Form 990 expense sheet claiming funding from the Clinton Foundation.
According to Washington Post, Evan McMullin grew up in Washington, his mother worked hard “to make ends meet. She later married a woman, whom she now lives with.”
He’s a BYU grad, Wharton business school grad, worked a brief stint with Goldman Sachs, San Francisco doing mergers and acquisitions. He’s a career government employee, 11 years CIA operative in counter terrorism, volunteer at the U.N., is a member of the [dubious] Council on Foreign Relations (responsible for many foibles abroad), and former House Conference policy director.
He’s 40 years old, never been married. He sees the world from a globalist view, the view from the Middle East, a place that many warned, including Patrick Buchanan, we should never have intervened.
- In short, if you like continual wars and skirmishes abroad, a nation under U.N. control, nation building, and non-stop foreign aid to countries that hate us, especially in the Middle East, you will love Evan. He documented it on a recent Tedx Talks speech. [See below.]
- If you think that the marriage issue “is over” and you just want to “move on,” and you don’t think religious liberty is worth fighting for and that it would be a “mistake” to appoint strong Supreme Court justices such as Antonin Scalia, and the most you can do about abortion is to “stop taxpayer funding,” then you will love Evan McMullin’s likely nominees.
- If you believe that this nation’s prosperity will thrive by competing in a global economy that sends jobs overseas and that it’s OK for international tribunals to over-write the sovereignty of the U.S. Constitution with regional and unelected bureaucracies and courts through agreements such as TPP, then vote for Evan McMullin.
- If your favorite people in Congress are John McCain, John Boehner and Paul Ryan, who have each worked very hard to break their trust with American voters when they supported amnesty and championed raising the debt limit to multiple trillions, vote for Evan.
- If you think it’s OK to welcome 100,000 Muslim refugees that have not been adequately checked for terrorist ties and 10 million illegal alien criminals in the name of humanitarianism, and to continue to keep open borders, perpetuating an enabling cycle of amnesty and voter fraud to keep conservatives and Republicans from being elected, you’ll love Evan.
- If you like the idea of the United States, the number one global benefactor, redistributing 1/3 of the world’s humanitarian foreign aid in a “global economic order” of nations that stomp and spit on the U.S. Constitution in return for its generosity, vote Evan McMullin.
- In fact, if you loved the U.S. government’s huge faux pas in 2014, giving arms to the Syrian rebels, responsible for the beheading of a 12 year old boy that was caught on YouTube, you’ll be happy to know, Evan was there in Turkey helping Rep. Adam Kinzinger negotiate that agreement to support what became ISIS.
- If you like Republican candidates that give a wink and a nod to top Democratic strategists and establishment SuperPACS, such as CFR Kahlil Byrd’s PAC – Stand Up America; the vulgar GOP media strategist Rick Wilson; as well as the establishment elite Romney’s bundlers John Kingston and Joel Searby – Better for America PAC, you will love Evan. They’re collaborating to help McMullin defeat the Republican nominee and the platform that the First Lady of the Conservative Movement, Phyllis Schlafly described as “the strongest, most conservative platform of our lifetime.”
- If you worship Mormon talk show host Glenn Beck and believe that “if the consequence of standing against Trump and for principles is indeed the election of Hillary Clinton, so be it. At least it is a moral, ethical choice” because McMillin himself has admitted, Utah needs a spoiler, to steal your electoral votes, and to deliver the White House for a second go around, to the biggest criminals in national history, the Clintons, then this guy Evan McMullin is your man.
- If you agree with Beck that this candidate Evan McMullin is the rising star to lead a new party with new ideas that you support, vote Evan McMullin.
To all my Mormon friends and moral superiors, I say the world is watching Utah. They don’t look at this outcome as a “high moral ground” choice. If fact, they are disturbed that a culture of morality could support an immoral outcome.
This candidacy is a hoax, a fraud upon this next generation’s leaders. It’s merely the old establishment guard cleverly rebranding a “New Millennial Neo-Con” movement.
You can take your “moral high ground” and walk it all the way to the ballot box, my Mormon friends. In the end, you will need to OWN the result. Do you really want the nation to hold, you, my Mormon friends, responsible for more babies being murdered through abortion, a vanishing 2nd amendment, and a forever-changed Supreme Court all too willing to strip away our religious liberty. Indeed, this is the platform Clinton pledged to support in the final debate.
In 1964, sore losers George Romney and Nelson Rockefeller duped Utah into believing it would be better to vote for LBJ than to elect Goldwater, but will Utah be duped again in 2016?
If you think this is all okay because, well … he’s a Mormon and Glenn Beck said so, then don’t just love Evan McMullin. Vote for him.
On the other hand, I think Utah is smarter than this. I think they’ll do the right thing and cast their votes for the King Cyrus of our time.
Pass the potatoes and green jello, please.
UPDATE: October 29, 2016 – I’ve been with some of the nation’s top faith leaders this weekend managing a conference in Houston. They have asked what is going on in Utah. The “higher moral ground” and the attitude that some Mormons have that they must cast a principled vote, even if Clinton wins, is not looked upon with respect. Speaking of “voting my conscience” I would rather die than allow a candidate to be elected that I know will continue to maim and murder babies before they take their first breath. To know that Clinton stated in the final debate where she stands on this and marriage and gun control and the Constitution, and to vote in any way that would enable her election, is the most unprincipled vote of all.
We all have the free will to vote as we choose, but we are all responsible for the outcome, to the best of our knowledge as we have studied it.
UPDATE October 31, 2016 – Evan McMullin dodges the question “Who do you think the worst president would be, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump?” You won’t believe his answer.