Save Our Sons – Sign the Petition – Contact the BSAOn Jan 31, 2013 5 Comments
The Boy Scouts of America needs to hear from you today. On February 6, 2013 the BSA will make a decision as to whether it will discontinue its current policy of prohibiting openly homosexual scout leaders in its ranks. Pressure is coming from gay activists who will not stop until the BSA redefines its standard of morality. They have been targeting some corporate CEOs who serve on the BSA Board.
To read more click here, but be sure to sign the petition on the top right.
Like millions of mothers, I am also a mother of four boys who were active in the Boy Scout program. All but one received the Eagle Scout Award.
For seven years, I served as a Cub Scout leader for each of my boys. When I lived in Dallas, I became a Unit Commissioner. I worked directly with a BSA scout executive in the Irving, Texas national office as a contributor to the development of the Cub Scout Song Book.
If the BSA changes its “sexual orientation” policy, parents will no longer have the degree of trust they have had in the past. It will open the organization and any sponsoring organization to increased risks of lawsuits if any child is harmed under this policy.
My church is one of the largest sponsors of the BSA, and I do not want it or any other church to be exposed to additional legal challenges.
Three Quick Steps to Make A Difference
If you want to make a difference, here is the action you can take today:
1. Please sign this petition letter to the BSA Board Members today (located at the top right). You can edit it as you wish.
2. Call the national office:
and/or call selected board members:
- David L. Beck: (801) 240-1000
- R. Thomas Buffenbarger: (310) 967-4500
- Keith A. Clark: (717) 763-1121
- William F. “Rick” Cronk: (925) 283-7229
- John C. Cushman III: (904) 393-9020
- R. Michael Daniel: (412) 297-4989
- Jack D. Furst: (972) 982-8250
- T. Michael Goodrich: (205) 328-9445 ext. 200
- Earl G. Graves: (212) 242-8000
- Aubrey B. Harwell Jr.: (615) 244-1713
- Stephen Hemsley: (800) 328-5979
- Larry W. Kellner: (713) 468-4050
- Robert J. LaFortune: (918) 582-2981
- Joseph P. Landy: (212) 878-0600
- Francis R. McAllister: (406) 373-8700
- Scott D. Oki: (425) 454-2800
- Arthur F. Oppenheimer: (208) 343-4883
- Tico A. Perez: (407) 849-1235
- Robert H. Reynolds: (317) 231-7227
- Matthew K. Rose: (909) 386-4140
- Nathan O. Rosenberg: (949) 494-4553
- Roger M. Schrimp: (209) 526-3500
- Marshall M. Sloane: (781) 395-3000
- Rex W. Tillerson: (972) 444-1000
- David M. Weekley: (713) 659-8111
- Togo D. West, Jr.: (202) 775-1775
3. Share this message with others on your Facebook page, twitter, blog sites or by email.
Oh, and take the poll on the right!